Thursday, July 5, 2012

Surfer's Paradise One Way Street Party

I went along to this great event last year and I still remember thinking how great it would be to take part in this cultural milestone for good old Surfer's, which let's face it has not had the best of wraps lately! Free beach concerts, healthy living advice, street art, food and family fun are thrown at the area's visitors over the cold months of June and July and yes this year I am taking part...WOOHOO!!! Thanks to some good old Facebook networking I was once again LUCKY enough to cross paths with Elysium Greene of Community Hart. She immediately asked me to climb on board the One Way Street Party Bus and of course I could not say yes fast enough :)

So to cut a long winded story short I will be creating some chalk drawings on part of a 30m long black primed canvas in Alison Street, Surfer's Paradise tomorrow at some point between the hours of 11am-8pm. There will also be a new Hairy Lady on show as part of a Pop Up Street Gallery showcasing 36 GC artists. My work is titled 'Symptoms of an Awakening' and was basically the product of feeling FANTASTIC about my life right now.

Community Hart supports all local artists and the friendly team are all hardworking artists themselves, slogging it out for the rest of us with little funding. I think they deserve gold medals for their efforts and passion and will be forwarding my membership application soon.

Support these great CREATIVES by checking out their website:
http://www.communityhart.com/Home_Page.php

If you are looking for a way to enjoy the sunshine tomorrow come along to One Way Street Party and say hi if you see me....

'Symptoms of an Awakening'
My entry into the One Way Street Art Pop Up Gallery



Elysium Greene pictured centre...Creative Leader at Community Hart...plugging the One Way Party.


No comments:

Post a Comment