Thursday, July 5, 2012

Jumping high in July!

So I am kicking goals this month with plenty of LOVE coming from the ART Universe. I am super excited to have three businesses showcasing my work from now through to September and October. 

Firstly I am finally on display in my home land of Tamborine Mountain with 6 works available from a new shop on Yuulong Street North Tamborine 'Lil' Vintage & Handmade'. Affordable Vintage clothes and finds, records, accessories and local handmade wares. I was having a sticky at this cute little store with a friend last Friday and thought I would mention 'My friend can paint' to the store owner Leslie and the very next day I received a lovely phone call from her asking me to show my work for 8 weeks!

A month ago I sent an email to Cafe D'Bar after having many friends tell me that my work would look great in the Art Gallery here. To my surprise the Art Director Jo was familiar with my work, having seen me on Facebook and at Miami Marketta...always surprised by this. So she invited me down to meet her with a selection of my available work and we booked a time for July. A short trip down to Coolangatta was well worth it, as Jo took 4 of my paintings to showcase over 3 months. This gallery is amazing for so many reasons. Firstly the location is spectacular, directly across the street from the light house and overlooking the ocean and famous surf haven Duranbah...breath taking. Secondly they house a huge variety of artworks and wares by local Gold Coast artists and the surrounds. Thirdly the staff are so supportive, sincere and friendly! Three big ticks for me :)

Next weekend I will be delivering 8 artworks to Cafe Conte in the Brisbane suburb of Wilston, thanks to my Dad and Step Mother's bragging to Cafe owner Graham. Cafe Conte have won the hearts of many Brisbane diners with their creative menu...which I can also vouch for, having recently enjoyed a scrumptious breakfast of Sweet Corn Fritters served with smoked salmon, 2 poached eggs, rocket and avocado. Delicious! This opportunity came up suddenly so I am doing my best to get a cohesive collection of works together by Saturday. Thank God for school holidays...which are sadly coming to an end :(

Should you be in any of these areas, take the time to actually view my work in real life and let me know your thoughts.

Lil' Vintage & Handmade
2 Yuulong Street, North Tamborine
Open Wed-Sun 10-4
'Ice Queen Fro' Now available at Lil' Vintage

Cafe D'Bar Art Gallery
'With wide eyes watching'
New work now available at Cafe D'Bar
275 Boundary Street  Coolangatta QLD 4225

Cafe Conte

1/102 Kedron Brook Road  Wilston QLD 4051


'Blue Eyed Rabbit'
Will be available at Cafe Conte as of 14th July.



No comments:

Post a Comment