Thursday, August 23, 2012

Symptoms of an Awakening

I recently found a graphic online that listed 12 Symptoms of a Spiritual Awakening that really summed up the way I have been feeling.
Here they are:


1. An increased tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
2. Frequent attacks of smiling.
3. Feelings of being connected with others and nature.
4. Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
5. A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fears based on past experience.
6. An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
7. A loss of ability to worry.
8. A loss of interest in conflict.
9. A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
10. A loss of interest in judging others.
11. A loss of interest in judging self.
12. Gaining the ability to love without expecting anything in return.


While I have always believed in some kind of higher power, I am very much coming to terms with the strongest power in life and that is ourselves. Getting back into my art over the last few years happened for a number of personal reasons, but ultimately I think it has taken off due to my own confidence taking off. I have reached a point in my life where inner balance and harmony has been clearer to see and feel and while this all sounds mushy (I apologise for that) it honestly does feel like I have had some kind of Spiritual Awakening and it really stems from within. 


Everything that happens in our lives leads us to certain points and what we choose to do at each point ultimately defines our destiny. I know this now, as being a full time Visual Artist was always a dream and for me this dream seemed impractical and vastly unachievable...until I realised that was just FEAR talking. Becoming a teacher of Visual Art rather than taking the 'Artist' leap at age 21, was something that was meant to happen for me. I don't regret a single experience that I have had in my life up to this point and I truly think had I have tried to pursue my practice any earlier than I did, my personal aesthetic would have taken a lot longer to get to reach this level of resolution. 

So the moral of this little story is;

Realise your potential and hear the calling. Don't ignore it or let FEAR change your mind. Look for the positives in every situation and the uncontrollable smiling will be your biggest side effect! I am super happy to inform the world that as of January 2013 I will be working as a full time artist and going part time with my teaching. That's right my dream is coming true and I could not be more excited. 

The two works pictured here have been created since having my Inner Awakening and hence are titled 'Symptoms of an Awakening'. Both will go on show at Deli Vino in early September along with many other new works.
Enjoy xx







No comments:

Post a Comment