Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Doug Bartlett purchase

Doug Bartlett is a collaboration of two artists Nick Morris and Dave Bowers who bring their skills in various mixed media techniques to create these amazing works incorporating imagery from pop culture with layer upon layer of rough paint application, collage and screen prints. Morris has worked for Quiksilver designs and Bowers has produced work for Mambo. You can totally see these influences of style in all of their works. 

I fell in love with a number of their pieces at Byron Bay's Retrospect gallery and with my pocket money from this year's painting sales I am currently paying off a series of 4 of their framed prints. I am so in love with the colour combinations and and juxtaposition of recognisable icons from days gone by. See more of their stuff at Retrospect in Broadbeach. Will post pics once I have my new acquisitions hung on the wall...excited!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment